2014: 5 interesting facts from 5 years ago
Today we are trying to find the answer to the question: what are the interesting things that happened 5 years ago, in 2014? Read to the end, it is so worth it!
- Princess Gabriella of Monaco, twin daughter of Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene, is heir to the Monégasque throne for two minutes, before her brother is born.
- The German national football team defeats Argentina 1-0 in the Brazilian World Cup final.
- 115-million-dollar donation is raised through the ice bucket challenge.
- 1.159 billion tourists cross the borders in 2014.
- The lander module Philae of the space probe Rosetta lands on the comet Churyumox-Gerasimenko, as the first human-built device landing on a comet.
Fireflies users can also say that they have worked with a comet. The name of Swiss Halley AG refers to Halley's Comet that paid us its last visit in 1986. Let's not go back now to 1986, 2014 is just enough ;)
Exactly 5 years ago, on July 22, 2014, Swiss Halley AG's new brand and website called Fireflies was launched! The novelties were unveiled in front of a huge audience, at the Fireflies Seminar in Antalya.
Plenty has happened in the past 5 years: new products, expanding services, more and more guest nights and more and more satisfied Fireflies travelers. Plenty of countries, cities, beaches, restaurants, clubs, airports, sights, etc. explored by Fireflies travelers.
Many thanks to Ulrich Märki, CEO, and the three Fireflies directors Janos Dienes, Istvan Pasku, and Istvan Varga for making this all possible. (Psst! You can meet them at the Fireflies Seminar this September! ;) )
But most of all, thank you, all of you, Fireflies users, distributors, and all of the travelers for accomplishing everything together in the past five years. We hope you have at least as much success and travel at least as much in the next five years as you did in the past five years!
Happy 5th Birthday, Fireflies!
P.s.: 42 years from now, almost to the day, Halley's Comet is going to be close to the Earth again. Until then, we are going to celebrate many more Fireflies birthdays, as well ;)