10 Tips for Staying Safe in a Hotel
If you do decide to travel we recommend you to book a hotel room, and we encourage you to take as many safety precautions as possible. This is all about minimizing risk (but it can not be minimized to zero). You should weigh not only your own vulnerability, but also that of the people you anticipate interacting with.
1. Pick your destination wisely
2. Before you book, research the hotel's plan to protect their guests and staff
3. Find out what is the hotel's procedure for the guests who become ill during their stay
4. Wear a mask all the time you are out of your private space. Keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
5. Ask for a room that has not been occupied for a few days.
6. Sanitize your room upon arrival
7. Open your windows for ventilation
8. Decline housekeeping services to reduce the number of people in your room.
9. Order room service rather than dine out.
10. Avoid shared hotel facilities like the gym and spa.
Source: travelandleisure.com, hospitality.net